Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 51: 76.6 km

June 26, 2012

Ottawa- Calumet QC

I miss my mom!! Today mom and I woke up and had a delicious breakfast in jail, and then ran around taking pictures. It was so much fun! Then we got in the car and went around taking more pictures! (Most of these are on yesterday's blog post.)

Then we went into Quebec, because we were literally just across the bridge, and I started there. The shoulders were so much better! It's incredible how that can change, province to province!
 

A little ways down the road mom and I stopped and had lunch. Then she had to go to the airport. It was so sad to see her go! I have really learned that life is much more fun when you can share it with the ones you love! I miss her already and can't wait till she flies back!!!!

I biked until about 5 and found a campground on the river. It's a nice little place with a shower for midgets! Then I crawled into bed and watched Xmen until my iPad died. Then I passed right out. I can't wait for Montreal and New Brunswick! It's all coming so soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just letting you know, I'm still following your blogs. It is so interesting! You are lucky to be far away from Sask. with all of the crazy weather here, Tornadoes, wind and rain! and did I forget to mention HAIL!
    I would like to encourage you to keep going, and let you know that I keep praying for your safety!
    Take care princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kieren:

    You are now riding in my home province - - although I left there back in - - well, let's just say it was a long time ago. I see by your pics that you stopped by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This is by far my most favourite of all the memorials in Ottawa. Our Nation's capital is a great place visit.
    I was so glad to see that your Mom had been able to get out to travel with you for a while. I feel better to know that you have a support vehicle behind you on the highway - I can't even imagine how it makes you feel.

    And this bit of Housman's poem just fits in with the Unknown Soldier sentiment:

    'Is football playing
    Along the river shore,
    With lads to chase the leather,
    Now I stand up no more?'

    Ay, the ball is flying,
    The lads play Heart and soul;
    The goal stands up, the keeper
    Stands up to keep the goal.

    Et maintenant, parce que vous êtes au Québec, je tiens à dire rouler en toute sécurité.

    You never cease to amaze me.

    Kevin Higgins
    PCCN-Cranbrook

    ReplyDelete