Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 40: 113.98km

June 15, 2012

Schriber - Marathon

Yesterday I forgot to mention that we saw a big black bear and a moose! Good animal seeing day!

Today it was cool and overcast. Which was good for the bugs again. Dad and I biked 15 km into town and had breakfast, and then carried on. At breakfast we figured out that I was halfway done, km wise. And from north bay on we are seeing that it's going to be flatter and after Ottawa it will be so exciting! But I'm starting to not want to start in the morning. I just can't wait until Ottawa!! But that means dad is gone and I don't want him to go!! And this is like nothing I've ever done before. Usually when your excited for something that's going to happen in ten days, you go on with life and the ten days will come. But these ten days won't come unless I bike 130-140 km a day except for a couple days (according to www.canadabybicycle.com) so I can't just wait for the ten days. I have to work my butt off for the next ten days or else it will never come! It's funny now to think of things that come without doing anything towards getting it done. It's a totally different type of job. No weekends. No breaks. Just goals. It's a great way to think. Very productive.

Today for a little break we stopped at Aguasabon Falls.
 It was a good stop. The outhouses had 3-ply toilet paper!!! It was awesome!!! It's the little things!!!

The road was full of hills all day long, and we got into marathon at around 7 pm. Dad and I set up camp, went and bought groceries and made a delicious spaghetti dinner! We facetimed mom for a long time, and then we went and sat in the truck and watched a movie on my iPad. It was AWESOME!!!! I missed movies!!!! It was such a good night!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kieren! I'm enjoying your posts! its interesting how a person learns to appreciate the little things in life, like 3 ply! haha
    I'm so happy for you that you are having some dad time! BE SAFE! Frances Wagner

    ReplyDelete