Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 50: 0km

June 25, 2012

Kanata - Ottawa

Today mom and I left Sandy and Naveens, and drove in from Kanata to Ottawa to sight see. 

My bike got all fixed up and prettied at Kunstadt Sports in Kanata, who gave me the biggest deal of my LIFE! Such incredible people there!!! I got a new chain and back gear cassette because I had stretched my chain a bit. It was amazing the deal I got, and I only paid for parts!!! And it was done early!

Mom and I toured Ottawa and the parliament buildings. We thoroughly enjoyed the day even with the rain and the sushi food poisoning at the Sushi Shop on Sparks St. 
  

We had a little sit down in a very fancy hotel (Fairmont hotel) and I had a lot of fun with their spinning doors. People weren't impressed but the valet guy seemed to find it entertaining!

Then, Mom and I walked around the market and stopped in this funky little store and chatted up the sales girl there for a while. She was awesome. Such an amazing personality. She's a history student in Ottawa, and she helped me get Conors grad gift and suggested where we stay the night. Then mom and I stopped at a little bakery in the market place for some poppyseed bread and headed to our place for the night.
  
At the market...it's a booba!
 
Mom didn't understand "wait, I have something in my teeth"

Where she had suggested was the Ottawa Jail. No joke. Mom and I spent the night in jail! The old Ottawa jail, which was an actual jail (Carlton County gaol) from 1862-1972. They converted this old jail into an international hostel! It is so cool! It is supposedly haunted, because it was known as the most brutal jail in Canada, and though there were only 3 recorded hangings, over 100 bodies were found underground with their necks snapped! No one really knows what happened in this place... Freaky!!! This was also the place of Canada's last hanging.

Mom and I ran around the place and took pictures. Then we went out for a lovely dinner at Mojis and drove around Ottawa. It was so much fun! Then after dinner we walked around in the basement of the jail where the convicted would be led in via a tunnel from the court house. So scary!!!!!! We were creeped out so we ran back upstairs!! So much fun!!! I'm sad to see mom leave tomorrow we have had a lot of fun together. She hopes to come back out soon though!!!!
 ANNIE!
 
The cells were tiny!
 
Where the last hanging took place
 
We gave this guy (and his cat) our leftover pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment