Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 44: 174.87 km

June 19, 2012

Batchwana (Sunset Shores Cottages) - Sault Ste Marie - Blind River

Today we pushed hard. Dad started off again and then I carried on. Together we totaled 174km, and Dad did 50! I will total all of his in the Ontario stats.

We have finally left the rough terrain of Ontario and we are now in the flatter, rolling section. This is how I pictured Ontario when I imagined it. There are less rocks and steep hills and more sun and gentle rolling hills. It is very beautiful, and tons of mosquitoes. I have almost finished my whole tube of after bite in half of the province!!

Today's ride was very misty and foggy until around 5pm, and then things started getting lighter. It was good because it kept the bugs down, but it was kind of hard to breath when it was so humid, but the ride was a good, easy ride. It was great.

We stopped in Thessalon along the way, and stopped at the Cathryn Beach motel and restaurant for lunch. I had the most delicious salad and grilled cheese sandwich!!! The dressing was a maple balsamic! So delicious! And then I topped it off with a wild blueberry cheese cake. Omg I've never had such good cheese cake. I'm usually not a fan of cheese cake but that was something else!
Maybe I should sail to Newfoundland?
My trip so far...


Today we had some catch up from yesterday, and then I pushed past the campground we were going to stay at and biked a few more kilometers to Tim Horton's so that we could start at Tim's the next day. Then we went back to the campground and set up. The mosquitoes were so bad! We made dinner and then hid in the truck to eat it.
 
 

Tomorrow is the last day with dad. I'm so sad to see him leave!!!! I really don't want him to! But then mom comes and will meet me by Friday, which is really exciting as well! But it will be hard to say good bye to dad. One last push with him. :(

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kieren,
    What an amazing experience to share with your father. Such nice memories for both of you. Maggie will be getting a few herself in a couple of days, when her dad joins her in Iceland for their cycling trip.

    ReplyDelete