Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 26: 128.22 km

June 1, 2012

Wolseley- Moosomin

Today was so beautiful! Maybe it was the sun, or the blue sky, or the lake in the middle of the town, or the awesome sleep, but I fell in love with Wolseley too! This morning I left the bed and breakfast at 8:15 after giving my bike a good tuning. I didn't end up leaving the town until 9:15 because I was exploring. 
Wolseley has this swing bridge over top of this very peaceful lake with a water fountain in it. It was so beautiful, green, and sunny there! It was a very peaceful, friendly town. Everyone waved at me. It was such a cute, caring town.
 
Today went by fast. I had a tail wind and averaged 30 km/hr. The sun was so warm, and the sky the traffic was calm. Along the way I stopped in almost every town to try to find a Map for Manitoba tomorrow but I could not hunt one down for the life of me!
I stopped in Whitewood for lunch. I have never been a pop drinker, but I was craving root beer and chugged two giant glasses of it! My throat was so dry and gross and it scrubbed it clean it felt so good! I sat there and read my book for a while, and then carried on to Moosomin.
Just as I was getting close to Moosomin it started pouring, which was amazing! It was so hot, and the sun was still shining, but it was raining pretty heavy! Sun showers! There was a big thunder cloud close behind me, and the rain was getting pushed by the wind. I made it to DQ and ordered a skor blizzard with extra skor and sat down in the sun room to watch the cloud pass over head. 

It passed quickly, and then the ground dried up so fast! I debated whether or not to use the wind and get to the next town in Manitoba tonight, but then decided that I would stay in Moosomin for the night. I found an awesome little campground (fieldstone park) and got to do laundry, finished my book and got a new one for free! What a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment