Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 49: 44.52 km

June 24, 2012

Arnprior - Kanata

Today was a truly enjoyable day. But this morning I was absolutely sick of this trip. I was sick of the bumps and cracks in the roads, and the terrible highways, and the angry drivers, and my bike. I need a day off. 

We biked on quiet side roads to Kanata, Ontario to meet up with my moms cousin, Naveen and his family. The ride was quiet and beautiful. I did figure out however that my headaches at night that have been happening lately are caused by the super bumpy roads. Even the tiniest crack on the road is a bump for a bike. My head and neck are constantly getting rattled! But Quebec highways are rated the second best in the country so I'm excited for that! Today was not too hot, and was threatening to storm but it didn't until the night. We biked right to a bike shop in Kanata and I dropped off my bike just to get the chain cleaned and everything just a bit tuned up.

Then mom and I drove to Naveens, and we spent a few hours sitting in the kitchen catching up while the boys showed us absolutely every toy they owned. It was so much fun. Then we went to the Swiss chalet for dinner because I had never been there and I wanted to try it! After dinner we went back and sat and chatted until 11:30pm! It was so good to catch up with them.
 Cutest kids!

 One of their pugs, his tongue is too long to fit in his mouth ahhaha
This evening I bought a Quebec map! It was so exciting!!! 18 days later I am in the next province!!!! Tomorrow we have a few things to do in Ottawa and we want to go see Parliament hill, so we are going to start from where ever we end off our errands and then continue on. Kanata is only about 30 km from Ottawa so it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment