Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 39: 55.36km

June 14, 2012

Nipigon - Schriber

Today I had hoped for a big day, so I would be ahead of the plan and make up for my day off, but that didn't happen. Thank goodness we did extra yesterday, because between the giant hills, headwinds, and not feeling well again, we hardly got anywhere!

This morning we had breakfast at Tim Hortons. I had delicious oatmeal, and I swear either my dad or I are going to get in a fight with someone around these parts. At the Shoppers in Thunder Bay, we had a cashier who was angry at us for still being there. The place closed at 10pm and we were paying at 10:01pm. She was so angry! Then at Tim Hortons this morning this lady who was driving a truck too big for her to handle had parked pretty much on the yellow line (even though her spot was the largest in the parking lot), so Dad had to park super tight to her car but it was enough to open the door and get in, but she was so angry! She said she was going to hit our doors and she did! On purpose! So I hit hers. What goes around comes around. She was so angry as she drove off and flipped us off. I don't really know what she was expecting. Either take two parking spots (which is annoying too) or move over the good 3 feet that she had! Too funny, I enjoyed her anger a little too much, I felt bad. Kinda made me think if that's the worst thing in the day, the day is pretty good! For both her and us!

I heard today that if dad wouldn't have come out, Deb and Trevor, (family friends) we're going to come out and kidnap me and take me home. They thought enough was enough! Haha it makes me feel extremely blessed to have so many people who care about my well being. It's incredible the support I have! Thank you all! I feel so much love and I love you all back so much!

Last night I marked where I was done biking with a pink tie. 
 On the drive there this morning, we ran into Annie. She had went and camped off the highway at a point before my starting point for the morning, so we drove about 8 km past her and waited for her to catch up. I snoozed while we waited. Annie put her stuff in with us and then we were off.

Today was full of hills. 7% grade hills, and long climbs, much like BC. It's incredible. I never imagined Ontario to look like this, I am awestruck. The lake looks like an ocean, the hills are gigantic, and the trees and cliffs are like no other. Beautiful!
 
 
Today we had a big head wind, and cool weather. At points, when the wind was coming off the lake, I had to chant to myself "no bugs, no bugs, no bugs" to remember the positives of it, because it was so cold!

We had a good stop for lunch, and a snack, and then stopped for the day at Schriber. At our snack break I had a snooze too. And now I am absolutely beat, I must still be fighting my cold or something. 
 Sunday break!

Annie carried on to Terrence bay, where dad and I had supper. She is with the Quebec people again! We had seen them a couple times today. When all of us are together there are so many bikes!!! 
 It was good to see them though, and good to know Annie is with others tonight. I'm about 15 km behind, but dad and I stopped at this campground because of their little hike to rainbow falls. We went and explored that before dinner. It was beautiful. 
 
 
 Now off to bed, thank goodness, and a long, cold day tomorrow. But, no bugs!

1 comment:

  1. Kieren:
    I am so happy to see that you now have the support of a follow vehicle. It must be a good feeling to have that back-up. I think you are going to find that Ontario is bigger than it might have appeared. And you have already found that the terrain is more varied than most people know. Enjoy it. There are great people in Ontario (5 are my grandkids)and they aren't all like those you met in Shoppers and Horton's.

    Clay lies still, but blood's a rover;
    Breath's a ware that will not keep.
    Up, lad: when the journey's over
    There'll be time enough to sleep.
    A.E. Housman

    ReplyDelete