Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 38: 119.08km

June 13, 2012

Thunder Bay - 20+km past Nipigon

Today we didn't end up leaving until 11am. We had a late night last night, so we slept a little later to catch up and then it took a bit to get going because we needed to organize the trucks a bit. About 20km (ish) out of thunder bay we ran back into Annie! Annie ended up throwing her bags in with dad too and joining us for the day.
At around 50 km we stopped for a lunch on the side of the road. We put the tail gate down and pulled out the chairs. Pure luxury. Then about 10 km past that we saw signs for Canada's longest suspension bridge. Detour! We hopped into the truck and drove the 11 km up there. I would have never seen this bridge if dad wasn't here! It is so nice to have him here for so many reasons! I'm loving it!!!
The bridge was so much fun. There were two of them, the first one was shorter, and the second one was 800 meters long, and the longest in Canada. It was so much fun!!! A good little hike, and good to get off the bike!


 
 
 

  Try to flick your penny in. It's a lot harder than it looks!

Then we were back on the road. We got to Nipigon and Annie kept going with her stuff and dad and I had dinner. Then I kept going about 20 km and then the wind got bad and it wasn't worth pushing it to me anymore. So we packed up, and drove back to Nipigon for the night. I flagged the starting place for tomorrow and we will keep going!

Ontario is beautiful. The big cliffs along the lakes, with all the trees, reminds me a little of when my mom, Kathy and I took a drive around Jamaica! It's beautiful! And very rugged. It's nothing like what I expected at all! So beautiful! And Lake Superior looks more like an ocean than a lake! It's so big!!! And the islands are full of cliffs. So stunning!

I'm beginning to hit some more intense hills. There will be a couple 7% grade hills coming up and I hit one today. But as in the quote Wayne Dick emailed me by Nelson Mandela, "after climbing a great hill, one only finds there are many more hills to climb." It is so true and with dad behind me and with how I a feeling lately, bring them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment