Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 66: 51 km

July 11, 2012

Charlottetown - NFL ferry- New Glasgow- Antigonish

Today is kind of confusing, city wise. But I'll get into that later. It's just a warning. 

This morning I woke up, and mom had been up since 4 am! She went for a walk at 5 am and took some pictures. (which I will put up later) She saw Charlottetown in a completely different light and it was beautiful! When I woke up, mom and I walked down to the rental car and then went for breakfast at Cora's. I ordered a crepe with fruit, as well as porridge. When it came, the guy asked "have you ever eaten at Cora's before? Because this is a ridiculously big breakfast." I said yup! And it was enormous! But I ate almost every bite of it! Haha too funny. When he later heard what I was doing, he understood. He had attempted to walk across the states. He ended up getting robbed and having to quit!

Mom and I were going to leave by 9am, but then with breakfast we didn't end up leaving until 10am. Then, we got to the house to get ready to go, and didn't leave until 11am! Paul and Pam came to see us off, and once again did everything for us. Paul scrubbed out my water bottles, change my tube, gave me CO2 cartridges so I can fill my tires and new tubes and everything! He even gave me electrolyte drink mix which actually tasted good! He also oiled my chain. Too amazing! Then we sadly said our good byes and mom and I were off. 

We got downtown (5 mins away) and I needed a new pair of socks so we stopped at the store that sold Lululemon. I had an interview with Derek at B104 in Cranbrook, and then I joined my mom in Lululemon. Socks turned into 3 pairs of shorts, leggings, sports bras, tops and jeans... and we forgot socks. So after walking out we ran back in and got socks... Lululemon fail, or score, however you want to view it! For me? Definitely score. 

So now it's noon, and we still havn't left. The bike is in the SUV and we HAVE to see where Andrea went, so we went there and took pictures. We really struggled leaving Charlottetown (if you haven't noticed). I loved it there. A small beautiful city! Everyone was so friendly! Next time I visit, I'm scheduling at least a week there! 

Finally I biked the 51 km to the ferry. Mom and I did drive about 5 km out of Charlottetown, and then I biked. It was such a beautiful day! PEI is spectacular! With its red soil and green grass! No wonder Anne of Green Gables had red hair! It was incredible! And the fields of fox tails with rippling waves from the wind, and the ocean. Stunning! 

We got to the ferry right after it left, so we had to wait for the 4:30pm ferry. Mom an I looked at gift shops and explored around the light houses. Mom got attacked by a killer mosquito and she had a big bite. It was pretty funny, seeing how I still look like the aftermath of chickenpox. We had a good laugh. 

We got to Nova Scotia at 6 pm and after the ferry mom and I got my bike out and I started biking. About 5 mins. later she pulls in front of me and didn't want me biking on the non existing shoulder when the sun was slowly going down, so we went to find a place go for the night. I am now a day behind. We will definitely have to drive to catch the ferry we have paid $432 dollars for, so mom can make her flight. But the experiences and people made it all worth while. 

Mom and I drove into Antigonish for the night at a lovely b&b. We will be starting again in New Glasgow tomorrow because I stopped there. Antigonish is an amazing small town with an incredibly beautiful university. We went out for dinner at the cafe across the street. There was a concert down the street so there were a ton of people out and about. Then we went back to the room for a great nights sleep! 

I will definitely be coming back to PEI hopefully soon! Such an incredible province!

*Pictures will be up later today, there's no service right now to upload them.

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad your Mom is with you too as you finish the fulfillment of one of your life dreams! I'll say it again...so very proud of you!!! And stop teasing us with all those pictures of fabulous meals...it is killing your Anji Masi...LOL!!! It's ok you have definitely earned it...hey and NO CHEATING...resist the temptation of your Mother's offers for rides...it's tempting I know...but do keep in mind she has a flight to catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Finish well my sweet niece and finish strong...you have done an amazing job...and I'm sure have a life time of stories to tell...look forward to hearing them all...just not all at once! LOL!
    Love, prayers and blessings,
    Anji Masi

    ReplyDelete