Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 55: 76.26 km

June 30, 2012

Tois Rivière - Portneuf

This morning I woke up surprisingly early for having such a late night. I blogged in the sun in Sam's backyard because I didn't want to wake anyone up. I seriously debated staying another day. I really did not want to leave. Then I hear my name, and Sam had cooked breakfast!! I'm really spoiled!!

After breakfast I packed up and Sam fixed his bike, then he biked with me for a bit. He took me down to la route verte (the green route) and I was off. The green route is especially for bikes, and it goes all the way to old Quebec!!! Perfect! 
 Thankfully I missed the lightning.

Today wasn't too eventful, but it was cut short because of the rain. There was a huge storm cloud overhead so I pulled into a cafe just as it started raining. I had the best chocolate cake! 

Then it seemed to clear up, so I hopped on my bike. Then it started to POUR. The rain hurt it was falling so hard. It felt like hail. It came down so fast and hard that the streets were flooding. I called it a day 60km down the road at camping panoramique, just as the sun came back out.

I admitted defeat because of the weather, and set up my tent. Even though it was 3 and sunny again. But the campground had a lot of trees and I couldn't see the next cloud. I set up my tent and went into the shower house just as thunder crashed and it started to pour again. Crazy weather! I showered and did laundry, and then it cleared up by 6pm.

I went to the restaurant and ordered pasta for dinner. Yes. There was a restaurant in the campground. And a library, and tennis courts and a pool and pretty much anything you can imagine. People lived there! 

It was a crazy good campground for $25!! They had a cyclist discount which was great! Other than the girl at the front, no one there spoke english, so I ate in my tent and watched movies all night. I ended up falling asleep to a movie. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment