Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 56: 124.43 km

July 1, 2012

Portneuf - Montmagny

 
The view I woke up to this morning

Today I followed the green route (highway 138) almost all of the way into Quebec. At about 1km I came across a detour that I had to take because highway 138 was under construction. So I turn right, bike up over the overpass, and down a decent hill to follow the detour routes. Turns out the detour takes you to highway 40, where bikes are not allowed. So I biked back up this decent hill, and down the other side of the overpass, where I ran into Rick. Rick is a newly retired principal that is also biking across Canada. Together we found a new route, and back up the over pass and down the hill I went again.

The new route took us right beside the river, and met back up with the green route. Rick and I chit chatted all the way, and then split up so he could go bike through the Plains of Abraham. I just looked up at them.

 

Then I entered old Quebec. It was stunning! I walked my bike through old Quebec and then sat down and had a very late lunch. 
 
 

After a nice lunch I boarded the ferry, and went across to the south side of the river. I biked along the green route on that side, and 44 km down the road I pull into coop des erables campground. I got their last open site! I am in a site for a large trailer so my tent looks out of place! I have such a lovely neighbour and after I showered we chatted and chatted. It was lovely! Now I'm sitting in my tent listening to peoples fires crackle as they play guitar and sing. I am loving camping tonight, even after the 50 some days of it! It's home. 
  

1 comment:

  1. hey Keirin Great meeting up with you today along the route verte .... get in touch and I'll send you a photo

    Peter

    peter@eastwindcycle.com

    ReplyDelete