Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 61: 96.76 km

July 6, 2012

Woodstock - Fredricton

Today I got up nice and early and was at Tim Hortons for breakfast by 8:15am. I am truly my fathers daughter. I was making fun of him because he had a Tim Hortons app, but now I have downloaded it so I can have my porridge in the morning. They make it SO much better than me! I searched for the Tim Hortons, and got to bike through old Woodstock, which was fun! I had my usual and blogged. Then I sat and chatted with mom. I love our morning chats. I can not wait until she is out here with me! 

I didn't end up leaving Tim Hortons until 10 am! I was sitting so I could see my bike in front of me and these two older men were there smoking and waving at me. They sat there forever and I had the feeling they were waiting for me to come out. Usually I chat with everyone, but something told me I wouldn't like these guys so I sat and waited inside. Maybe it was their old tattoos of naked women on their arms, or their jean jacket cut off vests holding in their gut, or the ÜBER creepy way they were smiling and waving their fingers at me. Or the fact they stood out there for 2 hours and lit cigarette after cigarette... But I was in no mood to chat with them, so the second they left I ran out and took off. Then I saw them coming back. I've never left a Timmy's faster. 

With that meeting avoided, I headed straight up hill for highway 2.  I biked for a while, then had a bagel with my delicious plum jam, and then kept going. In New Brunswick there are really long stretches without anything! I had over heard some motorcyclists the other day warning others to plan out their gas because there isn't many places to stop. So I had to plan my food, and nights. Which kind of sucks because I was hoping to spend a half day off with a friend in Moncton, but because there is nothing except one motel/restaurant/gas bar in the 175km between fredricton and Moncton, I won't be able to do that. But that's ok, at least there is somewhere to stay! 
I biked until kings landing and then had a rest at the restaurant there. I got to sit at the counter and eat my lunch and listen to two truckers complain. It was kind of funny some of the things they said. But I was bored so I searched for dogs on the Internet. I am going into withdrawal not having mine anymore, I really miss my pets! I'm working on dad to let me get a dog... so we will see...

After lunch I had another phone date with mom. That is when I learned my big cousin Maggie just came home from travelling the world for a year!!! I called her too! It was sooo good to hear her voice I missed her!!!! 

I pulled into my campsite early, and set up. Then I went and made dinner and had an early night. Today was an easy day, and tomorrow will be too because of the lack of places to stay. Except I guess it works perfectly because it gives me time to figure out the city!! The next few days are going to fly by! And I'm about a week and a day from being done! I can't believe it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment