Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 65: 113.3 km

July 10, 2012

Shediac - Charlottetown PEI

Today was a milestone day! And mom came!!!! I left the ocean view campground in search of a Tim Hortons for breakfast. When I got to Tim Hortons I was so disappointed to find out that they had no oat meal! I mean really disappointed. Like turn around back to Moncton disappointed! But I didn't. I just bought what felt like 50 bagels and croissants and then carried on.

As I went it got more and more beautiful out. I passed by this crabmeal place and it STUNK. To the point that I texted Leah just to say how much it stunk! I wanted to vomit! Then I turned down highway 955 and took the side road to Murray beach to the bridge. It was so beautiful! I had an icecream and watched the waves come up onto the beach. I could see the bridge and PEI in the distance!

I kept going and pulled up to the information center at the entry of the bridge at around 1pm. Bikes are not allowed on the bridge so they offer a shuttle service. I sat and waited for the shuttle and took my trailer off my bike. When they came a bunch of us got in the truck and headed to PEI. It was so cool! Who builds a bridge over the ocean!? I was glad I wasn't biking the bridge, because it was quite hilly and long! Impressive!
 Going over the bridge

When I got to PEI, the first thing I did was get icecream. Is that much of a surprise? It was at Cows and they had a sign that said readers digest rated them the best icecream in Canada! I had to stop! I also bought a sweater! I figure mom will be taking my weight soon, so why not!?
 

I continued through PEI to Charlottetown. It was stunning! The gravel was bright red! It was so cool! There were red cliffs too!! 

I started to bonk getting into PEI, but I was much closer than I thought I was and mom ended up passing me! We all thought I was further out then I was! Mom was with Paul and Pam McKenna. They completely took care of us while we were in PEI! They picked mom up from the airport, and came and met me and took my weight! They also arranged a photo session with the guardian, the Charlottetown newspaper. They spoiled us with an amazing dinner and took us for a tour  around Charlottetown! It was so incredible!

We went out for dinner at this amazing restaurant and I got to meet their two daughters. I really enjoyed their company!!! We chatted the whole time! Then we went and got icecream at cows again! Yummm!!! They gave us a tour around Charlottetown and let us stay at their fathers place. They were so good to us!
 Mmm fresh mussels.


It's so nice being with mom now! I can't believe this trip is already almost over it is so amazing! I'm so surprised I have gotten to this point!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment