Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 62: 90.81 km

July 7, 2012

Fredricton - Youngs cove motel

There isn't too much to report about today. It actually worked out that today was a short day. I took my time leaving and went to Timmys. I wasn't on the bike until about 10am, and I biked until 3pm. About 30 km before the motel I stopped to cool down in a gas station and get lunch. They had no actual food and I wanted to save my bagels for tomorrow because there is literally nothing for probably 60 km of the trip!! So I went in hoping to get a sandwich. There was nothing for food! So what do I get? Icecream (of course!) nibs, milk, and chocolate bars. I ate my energy bars too. Great lunch. What am I going to do after this trip! Oh boy.



While I was eating I looked outside and saw this huge thundercloud coming in fast! I literally threw everything in my pack and jumped on my bike to race the cloud to the motel. It spit on me a bit but it wasn't much. It was actually perfect after being so hot!

As I got towards the motel I had to cross two bridges, that had signs saying no bikes. Stupidest thing ever. Why would you put a sign saying no bikes right before the bridge!? And no warning before? No biker is going to stop halfway up the hill towards a bridge to look for an alternate route (which I looked after and there wasn't). But he bridge was great with the same great shoulder all the way across.

I pulled into the motel at 3pm and took my time getting ready for a 5 pm dinner. Yay to a regular dinner time!!!! I can not wait until I see Dave and Katie tomorrow!! I will probably cry!!! Dave is one of my best friend from the guys volleyball team in Cranbrook and I am so excited!!! Only 90 km away!

No comments:

Post a Comment