Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 6: 101.42 km

May 12, 2012

 Corbett Lake Country Inn- Kelowna

 Day 6 was a great day. My knee was feeling ok, so we pushed for kelowna. We started at about 1030 from Corbett Lake Country Inn and headed toward the pass. The inn is this beautiful b&b that had individual little cabins for guests. It looked out over the lake, which is stocked with fish. I DEFINITELY recommend this. Incredible place (250-378-4334). They gave us the cabin for free as a donation to my cause! Amazing! Thank you so much! As we biked towards the pass I got a good warm up on my knee and felt ready. The pass was gentle at the beginning and then steeper at the top. We started out and dad and I were trying to race. But that I mean I would be peddlin my hardest to try to win and I would look back and dad had positioned himself about 1 ft away from my rear tire. I'd hustle even more, and just couldn't lose him! Then he would over take me, and once I wasn't expecting him to over take me so fast, when he did I jumped and screamed because I thought it was a car super close to me. After that very low easy hill, there was a harder one. I put my head down and chugged along. Of course dad was long gone. As I got closer to the climax of the hill I saw dads bike laying down on the side of the road. I kinda freaked out thinking my god he got hit. Then I saw his skin, his upper body without a shirt. My first thought? HOLY CRAP HE WAS HIT BY A CAR SO HARD HIS SHIRT CAME OFF! I tried to hurry up that hill, saying out loud, "come on knee!" I was terrified. As I got there, it was actually dad sitting in the chair suntanning and waiting for me! Haha it was hilarious! We sat there for a bit in the sun and ate. Then we carried on. The last, steeper hill on Pennask pass was hard on my knee for sure, but when we were done it, we had a 30 km down hill to west kelowna. It is so beautiful here. We biked to Joan and Dave Meidl's home for the night. We had a beautiful BBQ and sat out on their deck overlooking the lake. Then Rachel, Lindsay and Jenna came over and picked me up and we went dancing at Flashbacks. I needed to get my mind of the trip a little so a sore knee in the am was worth it to me. I had so much fun out with them! Then I came back to the Meidl's and crashed on their nice comfy bed. I am posting this on the 13th (7th day of the trip) and I am really struggling to get going because it is so comfortable here! But fear not I will post tonight or tomorrow from somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment