Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 13: 84.24 km‏

May 19, 2012 
Lake Louise- Canmore
 
Today we averaged 10-12 km an hour on a super flat, even down hill ride. To say we doddled would be an understatement. It was amazing. We took Highway 1 A from Lake Louise to Banff. That is THEE most beautiful highway ever. My favorite. The views are by far the most exquisite I've ever seen. I have driven that highway a lot. Which I suggest everyone should do one day. But biking it was something so different. You see everything because you have all the time in the world to look around. We stopped at every plaque and read about the area, we stopped for ice cream, everything! 

Then in Banff we stopped for a quick bite. We met James who offered his brothers place in New Brunswick! It is so encouraging when people who i dont know get interested in my trip. Matt stayed with someone and he donated to my trip. It amazes me the amount of support I have. 

For lunch I had sushi and dad a pulled pork sandwich. And we just sat and watched people. Banff is an awesome place to people watch. 

When we passed the signs for radium and cranbrook today and yesterday I really struggled. Oh I wanted to go home. Bad. I'm already home sick. But I kept trudging on. Hopefully this trip will be amazing and will fly by so I will get home soon and enjoy every moment! 

Now, I'm sitting in Canmore waiting for my mom to get into town!! I can not wait to see her. Then a push tomorrow for Calgary! No more mountains, and my dad will be leaving me! I'm terrified to be alone but it should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment