Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 23: 0km

May 29, 2012

Saskatoon

Today was incredible. Mom and I took some time to do spa type things and then I had my birthday celebration. It was such an amazing day.

My birthday celebration was organized by my mother, my nuni, Sujata Musi, dad, and the whole indo-Canadian Christian fellowship group. It was so well done. I want to give a proper thank you to everyone for making my 21st year such a special memory.

There were a few speakers at the get together. Both my parents, my little-big sister Elma, Scott Thompson (my outdoor school teacher and family friend), Shelly Fedreau (another close family friend), my auntie Betty, my grade 4 teacher Diane Epp, my taekwando instructor and close family friend Scott Kopperudd, Dr. Taranger (a prostate cancer focused doctor) and Wayne Dick (a cancer survivour who also biked across Canada) all spoke. Thank you so much for everything that was said. Every single word touched me in ways I can't even explain.

I also want to thank everyone who came. I honestly felt like the 200 ish people there were all family. It was  incredible and I felt so at home. There was so much love in that room. When I went up to speak, I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't even say everything I wanted to say, I was so close to tears. I am truly moved that so many people cared enough to show up and give so much love and encouragement for my future battles. This birthday celebration will be my motivation for the trip. Your love is keeping me moving.

After the appies and getting to see everyone, some people who I hadn't seen since before I moved, Elle, Rohit, John, Rebecca and I went to Original Joes for drinks. And so I could eat. I was too excited talking to everyone that I had forgotten to eat!! It was so much fun! Perfect evening. Thank you all so so so much! And sorry for the late entry!!!!

2 comments:

  1. May the wind be at your back
    Chocolate covered coffee beans in your hand
    And Bieber in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful celebration for a wonderful gal! Remember to use lots of sunscreen...looks like it's going to be hot for awhile (sorry to say that often comes with thunderstorms).

    ReplyDelete